Airtel Nigeria Internet Configuration Settings (APN, IP/Port, Username/Password)
Airtel is one of the leading Internet service providers in Nigeria on the mobile scene. Their BIS subscription codes have been previously discussed on this website.
Even though most GSM handsets come preloaded with Internet settings, there might be need to configure your phone if it’s void of Airtel GPRS settings.
Also, devices like universal USB dongles/modems do not come with these settings, so you need to configure them by yourself.
For automatic settings on your Airtel phone text Phone Name to 232.
For example, if you are using a Nokia C5-00, text Nokia C5-00 to 232.
After sending the SMS, the automatic configurations will be pushed to your phone if it’s compatible. You have to save the settings and activate it and you are free to browse.
If your phone is not compatible or you are using a modem to browse, here is how to manually configure your device.
Profile Name/Access Point Name: Airtel
APN/ Access Point: internet.ng.airtel.com
The settings shout be input, saved and activated before it can be put to use. You should be able to find your Internet settings under the settings menu of your device.
To configure your phone’s MMS feature, use these settings:
Profile Name/Access Point Name: Airtel MMS
APN/ Access Point: mms.ng.airtel.com
That’s it folks, ask your questions in the comment box below.
You may also like
- Airtel Nigeria Internet Bundles – List of Activation Codes
- Airtel Nigeria Internet Configuration Settings (APN, IP/Port, Username/Password)
- How to send Call Me Back on MTN, Glo, Etsialat and Airtel Nigeria
- Airtel Nigeria Prepaid Blackberry Internet Service Subscription Codes
- Bring your old phone and get a new Lumia 520, brought to you by Nokia and Airtel Nigeria