Android 5.0 coming for Xiaomi Mi 3
For those of you who bought those Xiaomi smartphones selling like hotcakes, congratulations, affordable doesn’t mean cheap these days, at least not for the Chinese phone maker.
While ‘premium’ Android phone makers like LG, Samsung and HTC are getting their pro-$700 flagships updated, Xiaomi is also bring Android 5.0 Lollipop to it’s former flagship, a phone that retails in the region of $300.
A Weibo user (Weibo is China’s equivalent of Twitter) was quick to point out at a picture showing the Xiaomi Mi 3 running on Google’s latest mobile software, Android 5.0. We didn’t bother to ask Xing how he managed to get hold of the pictures but we are quite sure Xiaomi has not promised Lollipop and may be working to bring the update as a surprise.
If you are wondering if the company’s latest flagship, Xiaomi M i4 will get Lollipop, we can’t confirm this for now but it’s quite likely a firmware will be released for the smartphone around the same time the Mi3 gets upgraded.
You may also like
Lenovo releases Marshmallow update calendar for its smartphones
Huawei India launches the 5.5-inch G7 Plus with 13MP camera and fingerprint scanner
OnePlus X up for sale via Amazon in India
Intex Aqua Q7 with 3G support goes official sporting a 4.5″ FWVGA screen
Moto G Turbo unvieled in Mexico, to be available November 13
- Mstar M1 Pro with Galaxy Alpha design launched with 5.5″ screen, Android 5.0 OS
- BLU Products introduces $99 Android 5.0-powered Studio C smartphone
- AT&T unveils LG Escape2 Android 5.0 Lollipop handset
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos gets Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop lands on Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra