Android 5.1 Lollipop headed for Samsung Galaxy S6 next month
Samsung’s Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 are the best-selling duo right now, and with great attention comes great care. According to Canadian carrier Rodgers, the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop OS from Google could be reaching both smartphones as early as next month.
The information was contained in a schedule published on the carrier’s website though the document stances itself away from unprecedented shift in dates.
Booting Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box, Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge were both released in April. Google rolled out a major version update (Android 5.1) shortly after the phones went on sale and the update is said to be packing a lot of newbies and bug fixes for the older Lollipop firmware.
You may also like
- AT&T rolls out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS for Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge
- Android 5.1.1 hits Sony Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact, Z Ultra
- Sony’s Xperia C3 gets Android 5.1 Lollipop update
- Cheaper Oppo R7 Lite outed with 5″ 720p screen, Android 5.1 Lollipop
- UMI Iron, 5.5-inch Android 5.1 LTE smartphone launched in Nigeria