BlackBerry Priv won’t be getting Nougat Update
Tech company, BlackBerry, has revealed that the BlackBerry Priv will not be getting the much expected Nougat update.
The tech company made this known weeks after it released the latest Androiid 8.0 Oreo update for its BlackBerry KeyOne device which was released earlier in the year.
The tech company confirmed that the BlackBerry Priv will not be getting the Android 7 update through an information which was made public by Alex Thurber, BlackBerry’s General Manager of BlackBerry Mobility Solutions.
Stating the reason for the latest development which has caused a little bit of panic among the Priv users, Thurber disclosed that working on the update for the device is next to impossible as it would involve a rigorous task of bringing together all the patterns required for the update build.
Recall that the BlackBerry Priv which was announced in 2015 came running on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS out of the box but was supported with the Android 6 Marshmallow OS later in 2016.
You may also like
- BlackBerry Priv won’t be getting Nougat Update
- Blackberry Priv selling for $309.99, down from its initial $469.99 unlocked price
- Deal: The Blackberry Priv selling for just $499, a good $150 off
- Blackberry Priv Marshmallow beta gets August Security Patches.
- BlackBerry Priv To Receive Marshmallow update