Doctor Forgets Mobile Phone Inside Woman’s Stomach After Surgery and She Only Found Out After It Vibrated
A gynaecologist is alleged to have dropped his mobile phone in his patient’s abdomen during a caesarean section – but she only realised when it started vibrating inside her.
Hanan Mahmoud Abdul Karim, 36, was admitted to a private hospital in Jordan’s capital Amman for the operation on April 24.
But during the botched procedure, the doctor left his phone in her abdomen – and she only realised when she got home and it started vibrating.
Hanan’s mother Majeda Abdul Hamid told Gulf News Jordan that her daughter gave birth to a 10Ib baby boy before being discharged from hospital.
She said the family started noticing her abdomen vibrating when they got home.
“My daughter suffered serious pains and could not move. I brought her back to the hospital where she was treated but nothing was done for her,” the mother said.
Hanan was then rushed to the casualty department of Al Bashir public hospital in Amman where X-rays revealed a foreign object in her abdomen.
Physicians in Al Bashir hospital operated on Hanan and removed the phone.
You may also like
- Doctor Forgets Mobile Phone Inside Woman’s Stomach After Surgery and She Only Found Out After It Vibrated
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to carry 64-bit 14nm Exynos 6 processor
- Two unnamed Sony Xperia devices leak in Russia, likely to be first releases in 2017
- SM-G910S poses elegantly with bendable, ‘unbreakable’ display
- 5″ Xolo Opus 3 goes on sale for INR 8,499
- Vernee to be the first maker to make use of both Helio X30 and Snapdragon 830 chipsets