Ex-Googler Jai Mani employed as product manager by Xiaomi India
When poaching for talent, Google’s workplace is one of the fields Xiaomi loves to graze. In one of the biggest shockers of the mobile industry last year, the Chinese phone maker signed Hugo Barra from his VP position at Google. Barra had to leave his Silicon Valley slot where he ultimately worked as the chief of Android, to come and serve a global vice president at Xiaomi.
Now, Xiaomi is back at Google with a bang, unveiling Jai Mani, who used to work from his San Francisco office as product manager for Android, as the new product manager for Mi India.
Mani will now have to work in Xiaomi’s office at Bangalore, India, where he will, alongside other engineers, work on the development of MiUI — Xiaomi’s Android version of the iOS.
You may also like
- Ex-Googler Jai Mani employed as product manager by Xiaomi India
- Elephone S8 will come with an Aluminum alloy body despite a Zinc Alloy consideration
- Nokia RM-1187, poised to be a very cheap handset, gets TENAA certification
- Gionee S6s
- Microsoft Lumia 535 goes official with dual 5MP camera
- Google partners with another 8 companies to bring even more Android One smartphones