FCC lists upcoming Nexus devices, confirms HTC make
Like every other year, we are expecting double Google Nexus devices and these ones would be made by the same manufacturer in HTC. This has been floating around as a rumour for a while because it is very rare for Google to want to entrust the production of two of their smartphones for the same year to a single maker but with a recent FCC listing, all rumours have been put to rest and we are now sure that HTC is making these ones.
For the listing, both devices were listed as just G-2PW2100 and G-2PW4100 and it was stated in the FCC document that their manuals could be seen on the official website of Google. The idea that these devices would be Nexus-brands came from the fact that the “G” in the model name looks like the same kind of font Google uses too.
Although as it is always with FCC, we couldn’t get to see a lot of specifications but then, we do know for sure that the devices would be running the Nougat 7.0 out of the box, even if the upcoming LG V20 plans to beat them to the punch in this regard.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- FCC lists upcoming Nexus devices, confirms HTC make
- Another variant of Samsung Galaxy A7 clears FCC without LTE
- REX acquires major stake at Yota Devices, plans to transform company
- Asus ZenWatch unveiled: Not as affordable
- Nokia is porting apps from Google Play without developers’ permission
- Oppo R9S to feature rear dual camera units to be made by Sony
- Samsung “kicked at both ends” by Apple