Gartner: Apple tops Samsung in smartphone sales
For the first time since 2011, Apple Inc. has risen above Samsung Electronics in number of smartphones sold in one quarter. According to numbers firm, Gartner, the Cupertino tech giant pushed more iPhones than Samsung did with Galaxys during the fourth quarter of 2014, echoing what Counterpoint Research announced not long ago.
Though Apple smartphone sales gap Samsung’s by a very thin margin in the spreadsheet, it’s mind-boggling to know that during the same quarter in 2013, Apple sold 50 million smartphones compared to the 74 million in 2014 — a 20 % gain.
Why are these numbers so?
With Apple releasing the iPhone 6 alongside the company’s first phablet smartphone, the iPhone 6 Plus, the outfit achieved record sales as they went on to capture new user demographics and new markets. Meanwhile, Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S5 plummeted into the obvious when users realized it wasn’t much of an upgrade from 2013’s Galaxy S4.
You may also like
- Gartner: Apple tops Samsung in smartphone sales
- More metal smartphones and deeper displays on the way — Samsung
- Doogee Max DG650
- Prestigio MultiPhone 4500 Duo
- Apple sold 54 million iPhones in 2015 Q2 but iPad sales were down by 33.5 percent
- Celkon Millennia Octa510
- 1080p videos coming to Apple iPhone 6s front camera