Gionee wants to increase sales revenue by 500 percent this year alone
Gionee has announced it’s intention of selling devices of up to $500 million in the 2014 fiscal year.
Indian Chinese phone maker, having entered the Indian phonespere last year, wants to sell $500 million worth of phones by the end of the year.
“We clocked Rs 500 crore worth of business last fiscal and have already touched Rs 510 crore($84.8 million) in the first quarter. Now we are looking at Rs 3,000 crore($499.1 million) sales by the end of this fiscal.” Arvind Vohra, general manager of Gionee India, was quoted as saying.
Gionee’s market share stood at 2.5 % at the end of 2014 Q1, and Vohra says it will reach 5% by the end of this year.
Gionee is currently expanding it’s current 250 service centers to 750 points scattered across the South Asian country.
The general manager stated that heavy data consumption by youth and rising Internet penetration in India’s rural areas will increase the country’s smartphone consumption the which is rising at the rate of a rate of 25% per quarter.
Vohra was speaking at the India Gadget Expo 2014 where his company had their ultra-thin Gionee Elife S5.5 on display.
You may also like
- Gionee wants to increase sales revenue by 500 percent this year alone
- Gionee introduces the A1 and A1 Plus with great cameras, improves audio quality and nice screens
- Gionee Elife S7 unveiled, slimmest dual SIM smartphone
- Gionee prepping yet another ultra-thin device for MWC
- Meet the new power king: Gionee V188 with 5200mAh battery