Hackers involved in iPhone ransom lock arrested, could spend 2 years in jail
Lat week, we brought to you, a story of how people’s iPhones were locked remotely while the hacker demanded for a ransom before the victims could gain access to their devices again.
The original report mentioned that only iPhones and iPads but it turned out other iOS gadgets gadget were affected in the hijacking.
The Russian Interior Ministry known for cyber crime, Directorate K, issued a statement that said the hackers will spend up to 2 years in prison if found guilty in court; However, the statement didn’t include how many suspects were involved, neither did it say the number of affected victims.
During the attack, users were asked to pay a $100 onetime fee to Oleg Pliss via PayPal to enable their compromised device to be unlocked.
You may also like
- Hackers involved in iPhone ransom lock arrested, could spend 2 years in jail
- New shipping options available on Google Play
- LG L60 Dual goes on sale at INR 9,000
- Apple’s fury on German magazine about bendgate causes more PR damage
- Alcatel One Touch Hero
- Samsung introduces Galaxy Tab A with S Pen stylus