HTC Desire 816 and HTC Desire 610 announced at MWC
Despite Sony and Samsung stealing the show at the 2014 Mobile World Congress today by announcing the Xperia Z2 and Galaxy S5 flagships respectively, HTC managed to bring some attention to it’s booth at the event venue in Barcelona by announcing two Desire phones.
HTC Desire 816 is the big one. With a 5.5-inch touchscreen, this phablet is powered by a 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 and 1.5GB of RAM. It has only 8GB of inbuilt storage which shouldn’t worry you as there’s space for up to 64GB memory cards on the device.
The phone is equipped by a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP secondary camera up front. Desire 816 has a 2600mAh battery and comes in black, white, blue, green, orange and grey colors.
HTC Desire 610 has a 4.7-inch quart er HD display (540 x 960 pixels). There’s also a quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor and 1GB of RAM, with 8GB of expandable inbuilt storage.
An 8-megapixel camera sits at the back of the Desire 610 while a 1.3-megapixel front-facer sits in the front. The smartphone is powered by a smaller 2040mAh battery and comes in the same color favors as the Desire 816.
Both smartphones will hit the showcase in April 2014 with their full range of connectivities which include Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 2G,3G, and 4G LTE.
You may also like
- HTC selling the HTC 10 with a freebie package of either HTC Desire 626/ 626s, Desire 530 or a camera
- DailySteals offering the HTC Desire 826 for a massive $100 off
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle also visits the benchmark, leaks specs
- New, clearer images of the HTC Desire 10 Pro and Lifestyle leaks
- HTC Desire 10 to have two variants – the Pro and Lifestyle