HTC One (M7) now getting Android 5.0 Lollipop
HTC’s 2013 flagship, the HTC One, is now getting an Android 5.0 Lollipop upgrade, thanks to Taiwanese phone maker. The company’s vice president of Product Management, Mo Versi, made the revelation on Twitter. Other users posted screenshots showing their Ones being updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS.
Though HTC is yet to release an official changelog for the update, users reported to have experienced a redesigned user interface (ie. Sense 6 UI). The update files weigh over 700MB in download and comes with a build number of 7.17.1540.7.
Meanwhile, the newer HTC One (M8) recently got updated to the OS a few days ago. Back in October last year when Google announced Android Lollipop, HTC promised to bring the software to their devices as soon as possible and tha’s what the company has done/is doing now.
You may also like
- HTC One X10 leaked with specs and availability information
- HTC One M9 units (unlocked) to start receiving the Nougat update starting tonight
- HTC One M9 currently selling for just $300
- HTC One M9 can be grabbed for up to $40 less on eBay now
- HTC One A9s launched, doesn’t bring updates and is less pricier than A9