HTC One (M8 Eye) with 13MP camera is official and priced $650 in China
Didn’t like the original HTC One (M8) with 4MP rear camera? HTC has a reply: The HTC One (M8 Eye) does it’s photography job with a 13-megapixel shooter and of course, a dual tone LED flash for illuminating the dark photo scenes.
Though the phone isn’t as endowed in the front as the HTC Desire Eye which was unveiled days ago with a 13MP front-facing camera and matching front-facing flash, the One (M8 Eye) uses the same 5MP secondary snapper you can find on the original One (M8).
Other specs remain unchanged — including but not limited to a 5″ 1080p display, quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 128GB-compatible microSD card slot, nano SIM slot, and finally, the One (M8 Eye) runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat and has a sealed 2600mAh battery.
Pricing and availability
The HTC One (M8 Eye) has gone on sale in China and is currently priced CNY 3,999 — that’s roughly about $652. Talks on when the device will launch in any other markets is still ongoing.
You may also like
- HTC One X10 leaked with specs and availability information
- HTC One M9 units (unlocked) to start receiving the Nougat update starting tonight
- HTC One M9 currently selling for just $300
- HTC One M9 can be grabbed for up to $40 less on eBay now
- HTC One A9s launched, doesn’t bring updates and is less pricier than A9