IMAX partners with Filmhouse Cinemas to deliver unbeatable theater experience in Nigeria
IMAX Corporation and Filmhouse Cinemas, Nigeria’s largest chain of theatres, today announced an agreement for an IMAX theatre to be located in a new construction project in Lagos, the nation’s biggest city with a population of more than 20 million.
The deal, announced at CineEurope, marks the first-ever IMAX agreement in Nigeria and West Africa.
Nigeria now ranks as Africa’s largest economy. Today’s agreement also underscores the Company’s continued expansion in Africa, where in the past year IMAX signed its first-ever deal in Angola and added four new theatres to its network in South Africa.
“Our mission is to establish the best movie-going experience in Nigeria. IMAX will help us realize this goal by delivering an immersive and differentiated experience previously unavailable to Nigerian moviegoers,” said Kene Mkparu, CEO, Filmhouse Cinemas.
“As we continue our aggressive expansion plans, IMAX will serve as an anchor attraction in our multiplex in Lagos, redefining the premium cinema experience in Nigeria. We are proud to be the first to introduce IMAX in the country and look forward to broadening its reach.”
You may also like
- IMAX partners with Filmhouse Cinemas to deliver unbeatable theater experience in Nigeria
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablets launched in India
- Xiaomi Mi 4i Review: International Love
- Samsung start to roll-out February security patch to Galaxy Note 4 units in Europe
- Expected Nexus Marlin M1 shows up on AnTuTu, specs leak
- According to new analyses, there might not be a Mate 9 Pro afterall