Infographic shows Android is the fastest growing product in the history of technology
With Android phones present in almost every household in the world today, it’s no surprise that Google’s mobile operating system is the fastest growing product in the history of technology. This was according to the infograpic compiled by Technology Review.
It took Android only 5 years to reach 1 billion users while it took Facebook 8 years and 9 months to reach the same milestone. Big names like iOS which came third never made it to the 1 billion mark — 300 million users short of the target. (Rest in peace,) the dead and buried Symbian OS came fourth on the list of most popular products in tech history, stopping at 400 million users.
Other products that made the list were the iPod, Blackberry, Wii, Windows PC, PS3, X-Box 360, Windows Mobile, Netscafe and AOL — holding down their respective places in history’s most popular technology products.
You may also like
- Infographic shows Android is the fastest growing product in the history of technology
- [Infographic] Samsung compares earlier Galaxy Notes with the new Note 4
- Huawei Honor 6 set for Indian debut on Oct 6
- Forget invites, OnePlus 2 is available without much ado
- LeEco gives the Le Max 2 a price cut in Indian markets too
- Delta Airlines purchase 11,000 Microsoft Surface 2 tablets for pilots
- Danger might be lurking behind your Nexus 5X and 6P chargers