Installing WhatsApp Messenger on tablets without SIM functionality
WhatsApp Messenger is quite a nice social networking app that’s a must-have for every 2014 smartphone user.
During our previous discussion on the app, we told you how CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his friends at Facebook acquired WhatsApp Messenger at for $19 billion, and is quickly refreshing and making improved changes on the messenger.
I will be tutoring you on how to install WhatsApp Messenger on tablets without SIM slot. An example of these tablets is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.7.0 Wi-Fi. These types of tablets does not support SIM cards and sometimes can pose a hectic to install WhatsApp on.
Installing WhatsApp On SIM-free Tablets
- 1. Download WhatsApp from Google Playstore or from the App Store if your tablet is an iPad. Of course your SIM-free tab should be connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi or someway.
- 2. Launch the WhatsApp Messenger, your mobile number would be requested in order to activate it.
- 3. Once you have typed in your mobile number and clicked on continue, you would recieve this notification “We have sent an SMS at your number. We will automatically detect that and let you know when we are done” . Then you would recieve an sms verification on your mobile number you entered.
- 4. After 5 minutes, WhatsApp robot would of course not be unable to detect the verification message sent because your SIM is not in your tablet, so you will be asked to select another verification method.
- 5. You will have to select the “verify by call” method.
- 6.You will instantly receive a call from “TLNET” or +1 864 438 5911 or a similar phone number. The voice prompt will call out your WhatsApp verification cod.
- 7. Now, enter the verification code on your tablet, save, enter your name and you are good to go!
Now you have installed WhatsApp on your SIM free tablet/device, kindly drop a comment in the box below to show us some love. You can ask your questions too if you run into any problems.
You may also like
Roll over your MTN unused Internet Data Bundles to the next subscription
Borrowing airtime from Glo using “Borrow me credit”
How to Download GTBank Mobile Application in 6 Steps | GTBank Mobile Banking
Borrow Airtel Airtime when you are out of cash with “Airtel Talk Time Advance”
Fix: How to solve common Google Play Store errors