Leak: iPhone 8 to have glass panel, iPhone 7s keeps aluminium
There is hardly a day that passes when we don’t hear a new rumour about the iPhone units, and today is definitely no exception. Yesterday, we heard of a new deal between Samsung and Apple which would see the former company develop and sell OLED panels to the latter for the development of future iPhone handsets. Now, a new report which claims to be connected to sources at the top has inferred that the iPhone 8 would truly have a stainless streel frame and use glass somewhere in the design too.
This would be the 5.8-inch option that is expected to carry the OLED screens that Samsung is developing, and would also have its steel frame made by both Foxconn and Jabil Circuit.
Alongside the iPhone 8wwoudl also launch the iPhone 7s (4.7 inches) and iPhone 7s Plus (5.5 inches). In the end, it is said that the additional packages would come with their own aluminium builds instead, reserving the new premium design for only the iPhone 8.
Expected to have the same aluminium styling and finish as the past three generations, the casing is then supposed to be made by Catcher Technologies.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Leak: iPhone 8 to have glass panel, iPhone 7s keeps aluminium
- Leak: The iPhone 7 won’t have IP68 rating but be more waterproof than the iPhone 6S
- Huawei intros Ascend P6, Ascend G750 and Honor 3C to Indian market
- We don’t want to buy BlackBerry, we only seek partnership: Samsung
- Oppo Find 5 finally debuts in Europe
- Blackberry to dismiss 4500 workers, will loose $1bn by 2014 Q2
- HTC Desire 326G