Lenovo ready to split to be able to take on Xiaomi and the likes
World leading PC manufacturer, Lenovo, has agreed within to operate in a dual mode, to be able to combat smaller companies like Xiaomi who take the food out of the larger vendors’ mouth by selling high-rated smartphones at low price.
Xiaomi has created a cult-like following amongst it’s customers, nay fans, who are made to sit in front of their computers for hours in order to scramble for purchases from their favorite brand — that Lenovo wants to copy.
Lenovo says it will create a smaller company that will operate the same way Xiaomi operates. The company will sell phones at highly competitive prices and will offer software services amongst other things. Meanwhile, the parent company will still make phones under the Lenovo brand name.
Lenovo says the new company will open it’s door to business on April 2015, and that’s likely the time the first product (smartphone) from the new company will be launched.
You may also like
- Lenovo ready to split to be able to take on Xiaomi and the likes
- Lenovo ZUK Edge II leaks in new images, specs scarce on this one
- Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus leaks on GeekBench, shows amazing potential
- Lenovo adds India to the list of P2 markets
- Lenovo ZUK Edge leaks again in images, shows off the front and back