LG Gentle is a beautiful flip phone that runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop
While you may not know it, a lot of people still buy and trip for flip phones. To cater for this demography of consumers, LG has launched an Android 5.1 Lollipop flip smartphone in the phone maker’s home country of South Korea.
As a beautifully-made clamshell handset it is, the LG Gentle sports a soft leather-like finish on the back, and inside is a 3.2-inch touchscreen with 320 x 480 pixels.
For taking photographs, the handset boasts of a 5-megapixel rear camera and 0.3-megapixel front-facing selfie taker inside the shell. An adequate 1,700mAh battery supplies current to the device while a 4GB of expandable storage, 1.1 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 210 processor with Adreno 304 GPU and 1GB of RAM make up the engine.
The Gentle tips the scale at 143 grams and measures 117.7 x 58.7 x 16.6 mm. In terms of connectivity, there’s LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and AGPS topping the list.
South Korean mobile network provider, LG U+, an LG subsidiary, will start offering the device on Tuesday July 27 at 200,000 Korean won which translates to about $170 using the current exchange rates.
You may also like
Lenovo releases Marshmallow update calendar for its smartphones
Huawei India launches the 5.5-inch G7 Plus with 13MP camera and fingerprint scanner
OnePlus X up for sale via Amazon in India
Intex Aqua Q7 with 3G support goes official sporting a 4.5″ FWVGA screen
Moto G Turbo unvieled in Mexico, to be available November 13
- LG Wine Smart/LG Gentle launched globally
- LG Gentle is a beautiful flip phone that runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop
- HTC device with model number 2PYR1XX gets certified by Bluetooth SIG
- Dirty game: Word on the street is that Samsung uses refurbished AMOLED screens on new phones
- Product packaging indicates that next-gen iPhone could be iPhone 6 SE, not iPhone 7
- After the death of (Microsoft’s) Nokia, here’s how Lumias will look
- Samsung Galaxy Core Plus