MediaTek Helio X20 chipset is out with 10-core CPU and Mali-T800 GPU
Say hello to world’s first 1-core chipset, the Helio X20 by MediaTek. The Taiwanese semiconductor company poked physics right in the eye by building the first tri-cluster design on an SoC.
The CPU is arranged in three sets. The first set is the power-conserving 1.4GHz four ARM Cortex-A53 cores while the second set, clocked at 2GHz (quad-core Cortex-A53) does the midrange jobs before letting the last pack — dual Cortex-A72 cores clocked at 2.5Ghz — come in when the job needs to be done aggressively in full throttle.
In terms of graphics, the Helio X20 houses a Mali-T800 picture processing card. The chip comes with two LPDDR3 memory slots running at 0.93GHz.
You may also like
Samsung Galaxy S7 to sell cheap in a bid to drive sales – Reports
Blackberry Priv up for pre-orders in Hong Kong
Welcome “ShatterShield”, Motorola’s key to the future of unbreakable smartphone screens
Blackberry talks about security measures on the BB Priv
Saygus V2: When will the wait be over, Saygus?
- MediaTek Helio X20 chipset is out with 10-core CPU and Mali-T800 GPU
- MediaTek To Announce Helio P23 And P30 Chipsets Come August 29
- MediaTek launches the Helio P15 chipset, to carry octa cores
- Vernee Appollo 2 leaks, to be world’s first Helio X30 smartphone
- Vernee to be the first maker to make use of both Helio X30 and Snapdragon 830 chipsets