Microsoft confirms plans to ditch Nokia brand
In what sparked up as a rumor last month, the bomb has been dropped as Microsoft has officially confirmed it is dropping the Nokia name from all of it’s future mobile phones as well as the term “Windows Phone”.
The path has now been cleared for Microsoft Lumia phones to start trooping in. Back in July, the Lumia 830 was spotted as the Microsoft Lumia 808 but it took a few months for Microsoft to revert the changes to finally release the phone last month as Nokia Lumia 830.
Microsoft also revealed plans to scrap Windows Phone off it’s book, signaling a unified OS revolution across computers, tablets and mobiles phones that might kick off with the recently announced Windows 10.
You may also like
- Microsoft confirms plans to ditch Nokia brand
- Microsoft Officially Confirms its Acquisition of Music App Groove In iOS
- Microsoft To Discontinue Its Plan to Port Android Application to Windows 10
- Microsoft’s upcoming Band 2 looks fly in leaked photos
- Qualcomm and Microsoft partners to bring Snapdragon 810-powered Windows Phones this year