Microsoft is pushing to sell 16 million slates by year end
Microsoft has given itself a tedious challenge of trying to sell 16 million tablets of it’s own this holiday season.
The guys at Redmond are planning a huge advertisement campaign in the tune of $405 million, to promote their Surface tablets and co. Inside the $405, a chunk of $131 million is to be channeled to incentives like gift cards and such.
To refresh your memory, you might want to hear that Apple shipped 14 million iPads in the last quarter, Samsung sold 9.7 million Galaxy Tabs. Asus, Lenovo and Acer shipped 3.5 million, 2.3 million and 1.2 million of the total 34.8 million tablets sold in the quarter (Quarter 3 of 2013) — and here is Microsoft wanting to sell 16 million tabs this season alone.
You may also like
- Microsoft is reportedly prepping metal phone that won’t break your wallet
- Microsoft is taking pre orders for Lumia 640 in Europe
- Microsoft is pushing to sell 16 million slates by year end
- Microsoft shaves $200 off the Lumia 950 XL, discounts the HP Elite x3
- Microsoft Lumia 950 selling for lower than £280 in the United Kingdom