MTN Nigeria Internet Configuration Settings (APN, IP/Port, Username/Password)
As at April 2014, MTN had a global subscriber base in the north of 210 million customers.
The South African network operator dominates a huge chunk of the GSM space in Nigeria where it claims to be the “biggest and best” network.
To use MTN data services on your mobile phone or USB modem, you need to have it configured even though in most cases your OEM does this for you. But in case they don’t, here’s how to configure your device to browse with an MTN line.
MTN’s automatic configuration is very easy to do. However, as it turns out to be (and even with other networks), it works only on mobile phones and as the drill goes, not all handsets are supported.
To get automatic settings on your phone/device, text Settings to 3888.
After a few seconds, you will receive the configurations on your phone. Just save, activate and browse!
If your mobile phone is not supported for the auto settings or you are on a PC using a modem, you have to configure your device manually and here’s how.
|Profile/ Access Point Name||MTN|
|APN/ Access Point||web.gprs.mtnigeria.net|
After creating the settings, save, activate and your browser is good to go.
You may also like
- MTN Data Bundles – Internet Plans and Activation Codes for MTN Nigeria
- MTN Nigeria Internet Configuration Settings (APN, IP/Port, Username/Password)
- Deactivating MTN, Airtel, Glo, Etisalat Nigeria BIS BlackBerry subscription
- How to send Call Me Back on MTN, Glo, Etsialat and Airtel Nigeria
- MTN to tackle electricity problems in Nigeria with Nova-Lumos service