Popular Nigerian social network “Nairaland” goes down and stays offline
My Nigerian friends can easily acclaim that Nairaland is the biggest social network in their country after Facebook, and of course, Twitter.
The online forum, which has been around since 2005 and is among the biggest one thousand websites in the globe according to Alexa, went offline since Sunday morning and has ever since remained inactive.
The founder of the website, Seun Osewa, has given an insight on the graveness of the downtime but hasn’t exactly insinuated what led to what happened to Nairaland.com.
He however, through his Twitter timeline, hinted that the website will be offline till as late as the end of this week.
With the way Osewa sounded, it seems Nairaland was attacked by hackers though we are not completely ruling out server problems and host issues.
Nairaland has been a large platform for general discussion within the inhabitants and abroad citizens and nationals of the world’s most populous black nation, Nigeria.
Topics created on Nairaland ranged from politics to sports, technology, entertainment, society, romance and others.
You may also like
- Popular Nigerian social network “Nairaland” goes down and stays offline
- BlackBerry Leap hits Nigerian and South African markets
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 goes on sale in Nigeria, costs 44,500 naira
- Xiaomi goes live in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia
- Android and PC users can listen to Apple Beats 1 radio too