Here’s why Samsung customers want gold, psychologist explains
While many are on a daily hustle and grind in search of gold, buyers of Samsung Electronic’s 2015 battleships, the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge, are out to get gold-colored versions of their loved smartphones.
The Korean outfit explained in a press session that one out of four buyers want a gold S6 and that’s why gold stock of both models of the flagship has depleted in Europe.
“The color gold represents wealth, abundance, high ideals, optimism and wisdom,” said lifestyle psychologist Donna Dawson.
“We have been craving the material things and good times that we feel have been denied to us [due to the recession] for so long – and now that we can now see a light at the end of the tunnel, we are instinctively reaching for gold.”
An oh, if you’d like to plate your GS6 in real gold, a Vietnamese company will do it for you and well, it’s not for free but $400 isn’t too much to ask when you want your smartphone covered 24K gold.
Samsung has dialed emergency supply to replenish the gold-colored Galaxy S6 and S6 edge in stores but one thing we aren’t quite sure is if rocking a gold-colored phone actually means/show you have wealth, abundance, high ideals, optimism, wisdom, etc. Over to you readers: Does it?
You may also like
- Motorola deletes all references where it promised Moto G4 an Android Oreo update
- Google Pixel 2 Smartphone Leaks Online, Here Are The Specs
- ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
- HMD clears the air, says there’s no White Nokia 6 anywhere
- OnePlus One could be getting the Nougat 7.0 update, but there’s a catch