Samsung Gear S2, Gear S2 Classic and Gear S2 3G smartwatches unveiled
In a cracker of an development that occurred today, South Korean Galaxy S6 maker, Samsung, unveiled a trio of water and dust-resistant smartwatches: Samsung Gear S2, Gear S2 Classic and Gear S2 3G.
In terms of specifications, this generation of Samsung Gear smartwatches are having 1.2″ circle Super AMOLED touchscreen displays that sport 360 by 360 pixels of resolution. There’s 512MB of RAM, 1GHz dual-core CPU and 4GB of in-built storage as well as Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and NFC connectivity.
The Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic come with 250mAh battery cells but the slightly larger and heavier Samsung Gear S2 3G rocks a 300mAh battery. Perhaps, the added power is because of the wearable’s voice calling feature, available through an in-built e-SIM.
All the official press shots:
You may also like
- Samsung Gearing Up To Release A 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 660 Powered Phone
- Samsung Gear S2 preorders: first batch of 1,000 units sold out in 2 hours
- Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch available first week of October
- Samsung Gear S2, Gear S2 Classic and Gear S2 3G smartwatches unveiled
- Dear Apple Watch: Samsung Gear S2 will come with SIM slot and phone calling functionality