Samsung has sold 800k Galaxy Gears, says it’s the most sold wearable watch available
“It’s the most sold wearable watch available in the market place…and we plan to expand its availability by expanding mobile devices that work with the Gear,” a Samsung spokesman said on behalf of the Korean company.
With Apple ready to intorduce it’s own iWatch in male and female variants next year, Samsung will likely face more competition in the market come 2014.
Yesterday, Qualcomm Toq was announced with a $350 price-tag, while Sony unveiled Smartwatch 2 back in June. ZTE, Nokia, Microsoft and Google have also indicated interest in joining the smartwatch bandwagon soon.
You may also like
- Samsung has successfully replaced over 1 million units of faulty Note 7 devices
- Samsung has promised Clear View casings for the 2017 Galaxy A5 and A7
- Samsung has reportedly started mass producing Exynos 8890 to meet Galaxy S7’s making
- Samsung has an 18.4″ tablet in the making — could fold into two when idle
- Samsung has dual-SIM Galaxy A5 in tow for China