Samsung Pay to launch second half of this year
While the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge were the first two devices to support Samsung’s new mobile payment solution, the service itself his yet to be launched. Albeit, reports reaching Bestmobs suggest that Samsung Pay will be available by time 2015 H2 sets in.
Samsung Pay will work with NFC terminals, beating Apple Pay and Google Wallet to the advantage of being compatible with about 90 % of payment terminals in the United States as these offer support to NFC payments void in the last two mentioned solutions.
Managing Director Park Jin-young said that Samsung Pay is likely yo go live in the US and South Korea within the second quarter of 2015 (H2) and states that support for smartwatches is still a valid point, “The compatibility option with the smart watch will only be disclosed during the launch.”
You may also like
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in India gets security patch for January, embedded Samsung Pay app
- Samsung Pay Singapore To be Launch this June 16
- Samsung Pay has over 1 million users in South Korea alone
- Samsung Pay rolls out on Verizon-carried Samsung devices
- Verizon takes Samsung Pay to Galaxy S6, Note 5, others