Samsung phone shields cop from fatal gunshot wound
A police officer would have lost his life in a gun battle during a drug raid in Camotes Island, North Cebu, Philippines.
Demar Muaña will ever be grateful to his now disjointed Samsung E1200 which sacrificed itself in saving the cop’s life.
Muaña said he was among a special unit sent to crack a drug cartel in the Island. Right there at the mission, as gunshots were being exchanged between the law forces and the suspected drug dealers, officer Muaña felt a sudden pain in his chest. He first though he has been shot. Yes, he was, but the good old Samsung phone which he left in his pocket has stopped the bullet from penetrating his chest!
“The cellphone saved my life. I’m lucky,” the Filipino cop said in his hospital bed. “I thought I was going to die.”
He explained that when he and his fellow officers apprehended the drug dealers’ hideout, they saw some men jump out of the tree house. A phone was heard ringing inside the house so he climbed up to know the situation. That was when he was shot. Before falling from the tree, Muaña said he emptied his bullets into the house.
The suspects were still at large as at press time.
You may also like
- The future is here: Upcoming Samsung phone can project holograms
- Samsung Galaxy A8 is official, slimmest Samsung phone ever
- Samsung phone shields cop from fatal gunshot wound
- Unannounced Samsung phone in India hints at possible new Galaxy lineup
- #Opengate: Hackers exploit people’s Samsung phones via ‘Find My Mobile’