Samsung starts pushing out update to Galaxy A5 (2016) in Europe
Even though Samsung is known for not being timely when it comes to pushing out updates to their smartphones, they have been doing a really hard job lately as we have seen them release software support for a variety of their smartphones in the span of a few days.
The next in line of smartphones to get software support from the manufacturer is now the 2016 refresh of the Samsung Galaxy A5 and this one has been rolled out to the units that are in Europe. We are expecting that this is just for the main time and in the nearest future, the international variants would be getting this same update likewise.
With the update, the firmware version of the device is being take to XXS3BPI8 and it also included the Android security patch but not for the month of October, rather, September.
You should know that being an OTA update, there is no possibility of everyone getting it at the same time so if it is yet to hit your device, that is no reason to panic. If you are feeling too impatient tough, head over to your device’s Settings and manually request for the update.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Samsung starts rolling out Nougat update to Galaxy S7/S7 Edge units in Taiwan
- Samsung starts rolling out new update to the Galaxy J3 units
- Samsung starts rolling out new Nougat beta update to the S7 and S7 Edge, contains security patch
- Samsung starts pushing out October security update to the Galaxy A5 (2016)
- Samsung starts to roll out Marshmallow update to the Galaxy S5 mini (Duos)