Spice Fire One Mi FX1 Firefox smartphone launched at just INR 2,299
Spice Mobility, in conjunction with Mozilla, has launched one of the cheapest smartphones of our generation. Fortunately for India and unfortunately for the rest of the world, the Firefox OS-powered smartphone is going to be available only in India, and the official SRP is INR 2,299.
“We will begin sales online through Snapdeal and later decide on the offline route. We should sell about 50,000 units a month in the next two months,” CEO Prashant Bindal said.
The Spice Fire One Mi-FX 1 is one small, low, low entry smartphone. With a 3.5-inch 320 x 480 pixels screen, the device supports two SIM cards on 2G GSM bands. The phone is powered by a 1GHz processor and 256MB of RAM, plus there’s 512MB in-built storage and a memory card slot.
For additional luxury, the Fire One is equipped with a 1.3MP camera, and surprisingly, it further features a 0.3MP secondary camera at the front. The phone futher supports Bluetooth, Wirless LAN, but there is an absence of GPS.
You may also like
- Spice Fire One Mi FX1 Firefox smartphone launched at just INR 2,299
- Spice Fire One spits Firefox OS with a $38 price tag
- Mozilla, Spice and Intex to introduce the world’s cheapest smartphone in India at $25
- First Ubuntu-powered mobile phones coming this year
- Smartphone sales in India double in wake of cheaper products