Spice Smart Pulse is an Android-compatible smartwatch that costs less than $70
Just when you thought the smartwatch rivalry won’t get any bigger, India’s own Spice Mobiles has released their own smartwatch to compete with Samsung’s Gear Live and LG’s G Watch.
Spice Smart Pulse M9010 is the name of the new smartwatch and unlike mist smartwatches out there (including the Gears and G Watch), it comes with a dual SIM card slot(yes, no typos here, two SIM cards!) so it can make calls and send texts on it’s own.
The watch comes with a 1.57-inch touchscreen, 420mAh battery, 2G (WAP, GPRS, EDGE) and Bluetooth.
The Smart Pulse M9010 is equipped with a digital camera (the resolution was unspecified as at press time), an FM radio and a music player.
Spice says you can pair the watch with almost any Android smartphone if you download their official app for the watch. And the connection is possible via Bluetooth, of course.
Spice Smart Pulse is already available in India at the price of 3,999 rupees (roughly $67) and should throw more competition in the Indian smartwatch ecosystem where the LG G Watch is selling at 14,999 rupees ($251.01) while the Samsung Galaxy Gear is being retailed at 15,000 rupees ($251.03).
You may also like
- Spice Smart Pulse is an Android-compatible smartwatch that costs less than $70
- Spice Fire One Mi FX1 Firefox smartphone launched at just INR 2,299
- Spice Stellar 451 3G and Smart Flo Mi-359 launched in India
- Spice Stellar 360 is a QWERTY Android smartphone
- Mozilla, Spice and Intex to introduce the world’s cheapest smartphone in India at $25