Sprint fires nearly 500 staff from Kansas City headquarters
In a bod to maintain efficiency and save costs, Sprint, one of America’s largest GSM carriers, have sacked 452 workers from it’s headquarters in Kansas City.
The company has now laid off 929 employees in Kansas this year alone. Last year, the carrier closed with 38,000 people in it’s workforce but now, only 33,000 workers still have their names on the books.
It’s not even over
“We anticipate additional reduction activity in the next few weeks and will provide an updated list of impacted positions…,” read a notice Sprint memoed with the Kansas Department of Commerce, meaning more workers could go.
Marcelo Claure, who was appointed Sprint CEO only in August this year, said his company wants to check on every dollar spent, and claims the job reforms were scheduled to take place even before his appointment.
You may also like
Samsung Galaxy S7 to sell cheap in a bid to drive sales – Reports
Blackberry Priv up for pre-orders in Hong Kong
Welcome “ShatterShield”, Motorola’s key to the future of unbreakable smartphone screens
Blackberry talks about security measures on the BB Priv
Saygus V2: When will the wait be over, Saygus?
- Sprint fires nearly 500 staff from Kansas City headquarters
- Sprint takes 4G connectivity to 45 new locations
- Record Breaking Sales From HTC Vive Virtual Reality
- China’s Doogee all set to join the smartwatch fray with ‘Keeper’
- Infinix Zero aims at 100k sales in Middle East
- Xiaomi’s 7-inch-screen touting MiPad outed on Weibo
- Mumbai: Huawei will launch two devices in India on May 08