US state of Iowa allows a phone app as driver’s license
In Iowa, drivers will soon begin carrying their driver’s licenses in their smartphones. This was mandated by the Iowa Department of Transportation and will shortly enter in use.
“It is basically your license on your phone,” DOT Director Paul Trombino told the audience at a meeting with Governor Terry Branstad on Monday.
“We are really moving forward on this. The way things are going, we may be the first in the nation,” Trombino said.
With the new license, people may decide not to go out with their driver’s license but an app on their phone can clearly display all drivers license info to authorities when required. The app requires a PIN code for access and there will probably be a master code for authorities when they want to check a driver’s license in times of emergency.
“Having this really allows people to protect their identify” and the technology can be spread out to other type of security cards in the state, Director Paul Trombino told Governor Terry Branstad.
You may also like
- US state of Iowa allows a phone app as driver’s license
- ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe goes out of stock in the United States
- ASUS ZenFone 3 Laser and ZenFone 3 Deluxe now in the United States too
- Launch of the HP Elite x3 pushed even further in the United States
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser goes on sale in the United States