Xiaomi ships 11 million phones in Q1 alone, but spoils the show with payment error
Xiaomi has announced that it shipped 11 million smartphones in the first quarter of year 2014.
That’s amazing, considering this company that was once a startup two years ago shipped 18 million smartphones the whole of last year. CEO Lei Jun says that he expects his company to sell 60 million smartphones this year.
Considering the rate at which Xiaomi smashes sales records, the Chinese are on track to reach any target they are giving themselves.
Meanwhile, in another news…
Xiaomi offered 5000 units of the Redmi Note on sale in Singapore at S$169 (about US$133). That they sold in 4 minutes but barley seconds after the sales have ended, customers went irate, with buyers complaining that their PayPal account has been charged twice.
While it’s quite likely that the error is from PayPal, we’ll keep our fingers crossed to see what Xiaomi and PayPal will do about the issue.
Meanwhile, Xiaomi is in the news somewhere else as they sold 100,000 units of the Redmi Note in 34 minutes on their home turf China on Sunday.
You may also like
- Xiaomi ships 11 million phones in Q1 alone, but spoils the show with payment error
- Xiaomi launches Mi Note and Mi Note Pro flagships
- Xiaomi to totally boycott MWC 2017
- Xiaomi releases teaser that showcases the dual camera setup on the Mi 5S/ Mi Note 5
- Xiaomi Revealed Its Second Generation Xiaoyi Device