Xiaomi’s Mi Band to become “the world’s best selling wristband” — CEO
Though the Xiaomi Mi Band won’t be sold with the Mi 4, the smart band is beginning to sound as appealing as the smartphone device itself. What makes it even more appealing is that it’s priced at only $13.
“The first time I tried Xiaomi’s wristband, I couldn’t put it down,” CEO Lei Jun said. “Once you start using a wristband to unlock your phone, you won’t go back.”
He further added, “I believe this wristband will very soon become the world’s best selling wristband.” Such an ambitious man!
If wishes were horses, his company’s device can wrestle the market share out of of Samsung’s Gear Fit and the likes. But then everything is possible (and still possible) especially as Xiaomi has the upper hand in pricing ($13 vs $90 of the Gear Fit).
You may also like
- Xiaomi sells more than 1million units of phones in 48 hours
- Xiaomi gearing up to launch Redmi Note 5, specs revealed
- ZTE Nubia NX595J To Dethrone Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 with Screen to body ratio, bezel-less design
- Xiaomi Mi 4X to launch in 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM variant
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 to go on flash sale again