1000 testers selected as Samsung Pay enters beta
For Apple and Samsung in September, it’s going to be an eye for an eye, a poke for a poke or as the guys at Obama vs Romney Epic Rap Battle call it, “a war on two fronts.”
Apple Pay has become a success story following its adoption by dozens of US banks and expansion into the United Kingdom. Seeing this, Korea’s Samsung, who was slapped with a $1bn court fine for copying Apple in 2013 (the fee was later reduced), has gone back home to build its own payment processor.
Known as Samsung Pay, the new payment service has just entered beta mode where Samsung Electronics hired 1000 testers to put the system into real life scrutinizing on a day-to-day basis.
The Samsung Pay will be released in September, close to or on the same date the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will launch. Apple will also unleash the duo of iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s flagships during that same period. Way to go September, we can’t wait to see ya!
You may also like
- 1000 testers selected as Samsung Pay enters beta
- Details of Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ spill out
- According to new analyses, there might not be a Mate 9 Pro afterall
- Samsung might be resuming sales of the Galaxy Note 7 too soon
- LG G Flex goes global, Hong Kong and Singapore get dates
- Tecno F7 Phantom A Plus