2016 Nexus smartphones could be locked to carriers like Verizon, AT&T again
When Motorola made the giant Nexus 6, they went with the way of getting sold via carriers and when 2015 came, the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P devices hit the market in a totally unlocked form for users to purchase and choose carriers of their own wish.
While this decision sat well with a lot of people and might have not been the most ideal way for the carriers to make their money, 2016 might be looking to be another happy year for these carriers as popular tipster, @evleaks, is now suggesting that the upcoming Nexus devices would be sold exclusively via the likes of Verizon and AT&T.
Evan Blass has established for himself something of a track record when it comes to reliable leaks as concerns the android platform and all we can do for now is trust him, although by taking his words with a pinch of salt still, till we get any official announcement or till the day of final launch.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- 2016 Nexus smartphones could be locked to carriers like Verizon, AT&T again
- Finally! Leaks give exclusive features to expect from 2016 Nexus devices
- 2016 Nexus smartphones to be available on Verizon, rebranding very likely
- The 2016 Nexus 5X successor leaks confirms sensors, SIMs and internal specs
- Google’s 2016 Nexus would make improvements on fingerprint scanners