Coolpad to start India made smartphones by first quarter of 2016
Coolpad is planning on rolling out Indian made handsets starting from the first quarter of next year, Sued Tajuddin, CEO of Coolpad India said “We believe in ‘Make in India’ concept and to begin with, we will introduce made in India handsets from Q1 of 2016 in collaboration with Videocon, which has a base in Maharashtra” also according to the CEO, the company is set to establish an India based manufacturing facility to make service to domestic and SAARC markets more of a hands-on situation.
Coolpad launched its first device, the Coolpad Note 3 earlier this year in October and the CEO, Tajuddin had this to say about the device “The company launched its first device in India, the Coolpad Note 3, on Amazon in October this year and it is estimated that the model has sold about one lakh units by now”. He went further to promise fans that new models should be expected to be launched between January and March (next and first quarter) and onwards. The company also made note that it is losing money on the Rs. 8,999 Coolpad Note 3 which has same specifications as other which is sold at a market price of Rs. 10,000 upwards.
You may also like
- Coolpad To Launch Cool Pad 6 With Amazing Specs For Gamers
- LeEco and CoolPad to partner up again, create a flaghip Cool 1S
- Coolpad to start India made smartphones by first quarter of 2016
- Coolpad officially launch the Cool Play 6 With 6GB RAM, 4,060mAh Battery
- CoolPad Set To Announce Cool Play 6 On August 20