500 Million Indian Premier League Viewer Expected This 2016
The Indian Premier League broadcaster today said on a statement un BARC TV viewership that they are expecting around 500 million rural viewers in India for this 2016 event.
“Under the TAM rating, the previous record for the last IPL views was around 200 million this included urban market but for this year’s edition of IPL will be 500 million in which rural viewership will be captured,” this was said by the Sony Pictures Network based in India.
The network expected a total of 60 matches for the IPL with eight teams fighting for the title. The big event will start this April 9 till May 29. Two franchises Rising Supergiants and Gujarat Lions replaced suspended Chennai Kings and the Rajasthan Royals for the period of around two years.
Mr. Krishnan Sony Network CEO said that it important and will have impact on Tamil Nadu ratings but with Pune franchisee, Maharashtra franchise, Rajkot and Gujarat the revenue change for this year will be phenomenal.
All advertisement record already sold out and the demand for this year was a bit higher. Sony said that they are looking at 15 to 20 percent revenue jump from broadcasting in IPL.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
- 500 Million Indian Premier League Viewer Expected This 2016
- Breaking: Apple ordered to pay $500 million to company with “no products, no employees”
- OnePlus has already sold 500k Ones, plans to cap 1 million by year end
- Xiaomi sells a record 500,000 Redmi devices in India in just 72 hours
- LeEco sells off first half million units of the Le Pro 3 in 15 seconds