Alcatel Fierce XL debuts with 5.5-inch screen, LTE
Alcatel unveiled the Alcatel Fierce XL today and also announced it will be available exclusively at MetroPCS which is one of the smaller carriers in the US as from November 2, 2015. The low-cost mobile phone spotting a 5.5-inch screen will be sold officially at MetroPCS for $69 and will be available for T-Mobile later in the year.
Alcatel Fierce XL Key Features include:
- 5.5-inch HD IPS Display (1280×720 pixels)
- 1.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 Quad-core Processor (MSM 8909)
- 4G LTE Cat 4 150Mbps (82/4/12)
- Android Lollipop 5.1 OS
- 8MP Autofocus rear-facing camera with flash and a 2MP Front-facing camera
- 2GB of RAM plus a 16GB internal storage capacity (expandable to 32GB using microSD cards)
- A 2500mAh batter capable of up to 12hours of talk time and 360 hours of standby time.
Alcatel also partnered with Polaroid in the making of this one as the device is bundled with Polaroid Photo Editing Software, the Polaroid camera will enable a wide range of photo editing filters and borders including the iconic Polaroid border. Single, double or multiple shots can be arranged and assembled in customised layouts with options to add time, location and notes to the pictures. The device is also built to support Wi-Fi calling, HD voice support and VoLTE.
Jon Maron, the Vice president of Marketing and Communications for Alcatel OneTouch said “A device has to be more than a respectable list of specs, it has to deliver an engaging and value-focused consumer experience, and this is where the Fierce XL delivers.”