Android 4.4.4 KitKat comes to AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, launched last year with Android 4.4.2 KitKat, has been upgraded by Samsung to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Users who don’t have Automatic Updates set to On are advised to go to Menu > Settings > More Settings > About device > Software update > Check for updates.
According to AT&T, of whom the Galaxy S5 Active is exclusive to, the update brings “miscellaneous improvements, bug fixes, and security updates” and comes with a build number of G870AUCU1AOA1. Users who are prompted for the update can skip three times but the firmware will be automatically downloaded on the fourth time.
The rugged Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is an MIL-STD-810G certified salt, dust, humidity, rain, vibration, solar radiation, transport and thermal shock resistant smartphone with a 5.1″ 1080p display, 2GB of RAM, a Snapdragon 801 chipset, a 16-megapixel camera and 2800mAh power unit.
You may also like
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat comes to AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
- Sony Xperia M2 siblings get Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat lands for Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablet
- Original Motorola Moto G gets Android 4.4.4 KitKat in the US
- HTC One (M8) sold by Sprint is getting Android 4.4.4 and HTC Eye update