Android 5.0 Lollipop is in the pipeline
Google’s next Android OS will be Android 5.0 L-something, probably Android 5.0 Limpopo, it seems.
In a tweet that shows new features on Google Now for the World Cup-loving crowd, all the screenshots used to demonstrate the features showed 5:00 as the time.
This is a well known Google tradition. When the search engine giant teased Android 2.3 Gingerbread the clock read 2:30, the clock for the Jelly Bean unveiling read 4:20, while the one for KitKat is 4:40. So, that means that Google is jumping into Android 5.0 even as many expected Android 4.5 to be next in line.
Google craves so much for sweets when it comes to naming their Android versions. So much has been said about Lollipop in Android and the presence of an “L” letter in the teaser suggests that Lollipop is the name.
Google’s Google I/O conference is coming up later this month and the new OS — Android 5.0 Lollipop — is expected to be unveiled at the event.
You may also like
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
ZTE’s new phone modelled ZTE V0840 appears in certification & bechmark website
- Mstar M1 Pro with Galaxy Alpha design launched with 5.5″ screen, Android 5.0 OS
- BLU Products introduces $99 Android 5.0-powered Studio C smartphone
- AT&T unveils LG Escape2 Android 5.0 Lollipop handset
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos gets Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop lands on Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra