Android 5.1 Lollipop starts seeding to Moto G LTE
Users of the 2014-released Motorola Moto G LTE smartphone have started receiving an upgrade to Android 5.1 Lollipop OS, a forum post at XDA Developers suggests.
Android Police confirms that the update is seeding for unlocked Moto G LTE models in the United States via over-the-air (OTA) connection. As a side note, the software arrives with a build number of 21.11.56.peregrine_retus.retus.en.US so you can head over you phone’s Settings menu and Check For Updates if you don’t have your Automatic Updates set to On.
Here’s the official changelog for the Moto 360 LTE Android 5.1.1 update:
The latest Android 5.1 OS update fixes known issues and brings along features present in the older Android 5.0. They are as follows
- Notifications and improvements: Blocks interruptions until the next alarm. You can choose to enter a scheduled downtime early. Add icons to the volume settings panel that match those that will show on the status bar. You can also alter notification volume controls while media is playing. With the volume controls showing, a tap on the bell icon will bring up notification volume controls.
- Heads-up notifications: In addition to dismissing a heads-up notification, you can now swipe it up to remove it from your screen. It will remain in your notifications tray and you can dismiss it later.
- Quick notifications: You can quickly select different Wi-Fi access points or different paired Bluetooth devices with a new pull-down menu on each tile. Conditional settings tiles that only show if you use the feature – like Invert Colors or Hotspot – can now be hidden via a long-press on the tile.
- Device protection feature: You can quickly select different Wi-Fi access points or different paired Bluetooth devices with a new pull-down menu on each tile. Conditional settings tiles that only show if you use the feature – like Invert Colors or Hotspot – can now be hidden.
- New lockscreen: If you have enabled Ambient Display, the minimum swipe distance has increased to reduce accidental interactions.
Bug fixes incorporated by Android 5.1
- Clock in the status bar is not updating and alarms not going off
- Unable to delete SMS messages when the SIM card is full
- No ringer audio while making an outgoing call
- Calculator floating point calculations
- Chrome crashes when launched
- Frequent restarts while watching Netflix
- Wi-Fi not automatically reconnecting to home Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi not connecting after being idle all night
- Wi-Fi connection issues with multiple routers in one location
- Bluetooth discovery is not triggered when you refresh settings
- CPU wakelocks that contribute to heavier battery drain
- Connection and synchronisation issues with MS Exchange servers
- Incorrect default APN
- Cannot unlock the SIM with a PIN/PUK code
- Cannot play ‘pinned’ content
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
Infinix Challenger, LEAGOO, Enters Nigeria on Jumia
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
- AT&T rolls out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS for Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge
- Android 5.1.1 hits Sony Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact, Z Ultra
- Sony’s Xperia C3 gets Android 5.1 Lollipop update
- Cheaper Oppo R7 Lite outed with 5″ 720p screen, Android 5.1 Lollipop
- UMI Iron, 5.5-inch Android 5.1 LTE smartphone launched in Nigeria