Android greedily gulps 80% of market share, killing off Symbian, and soon Blackberry
The latest numbers are in. As expected, Symbian has been pushed off from the charts, Blackberry now run in less that 2% of phones worldwide.
Research by ABI Research shows that Android now dominates a new high of over 80% of the smartphone market, leaving iOS at 14% from 22.6% previously held. Windows phone OS grew a lot, improving having a 165% year-on-year growth, while having 4% for itself.
Now, apart from Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry, the others — Symbian, Bada, Meego, Mozilla OS, webOS and what have you — were left near empty handed with just 0.3% of the market share.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
Infinix Challenger, LEAGOO, Enters Nigeria on Jumia
LEAGOO T5c Global Reservation: $1.99 Crazy Deal!
LEAGOO S8 Pro Presale – 5.99 inch Full Screen, P25, 6GB RAM, only $249.99 now!
Save 50% to Snap LEAGOO S8 and LEAGOO S8 Pro During Global Pre-sale
China-bound version of 2017 Samsung Galaxy J7 to pack two back camera sensors
- Android greedily gulps 80% of market share, killing off Symbian, and soon Blackberry
- Smartphones represent 55% of mobile phones in Quarter 3
- Google Maps Version 4.8.0 released for iOS
- Infinix Challenger, LEAGOO, Enters Nigeria on Jumia
- Infinix Zero mocks iPhone 6 Plus’ bendgate too?
- Gionee V188
- Intex Aqua Star