Apple App Store now has 1.3 million apps, same as Google Play
Apple, on Tuesday (last week) , said that it’s iOS software catalogue, the Apple App Store, has reached 1.3 million in available apps.
Last time we heard official numbers for the store, Apple told us the platform had 1.2 million apps, and that was in June. So that puts the App Store at a 0.7% (100k apps) growth in three months.
The same story sells for Google who owns Android OS and the Play Store. Google said not long ago that it’s Store accounts for over 1.3 million apps, and that figure should have increased by now.
Meanwhile Microsoft’s Windows Phone Store is the only other store comparable to these two but not without a huge margin. Windows Phone Store has 300,000 apps when last it was discussed.
You may also like
Samsung Galaxy S7 to sell cheap in a bid to drive sales – Reports
Blackberry Priv up for pre-orders in Hong Kong
Welcome “ShatterShield”, Motorola’s key to the future of unbreakable smartphone screens
Blackberry talks about security measures on the BB Priv
Saygus V2: When will the wait be over, Saygus?
- Apple App Store hit by string of ‘malicious iPhone and iPad programs’
- Apple App Store now has 1.3 million apps, same as Google Play
- Google Play tops Apple App Store for the first time in app downloads
- Panic at Apple after iPhone Xs didn’t sell quite as much as manufacturer wanted – Source
- Apple may launch only one smartphone in 2018