Apple reportedly planning to dump Qualcomm in 2018
Tech company, Apple, has following the official release of this year’s flagship devices, the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the iPhone X been reported to be planning a possible dumping of tech company and chipset manufacturer, Qualcomm, come next year.
According to fresh information, the tech company might be looking to take its business elsewhere, suggestively to MediaTek and others in the industry.
The fresh report comes following rumors that the tech company has started work on developing an in-house graphics chip, GPU.
The tech company has in line with the rumor also purchased CVD Machines which is reported to be the new handler of the tech company’s OLED display panels.
The Cupertino tech company seems to be planning several revamps for its smartphones come 2018 which will include largely in-house produced materials for the next flagship devices.
Qualcomm has also reportedly stopped providing software testing for the Cupertino tech company.
The change in chipset provider is expected to take effect fully starting in the fall of 2018 as both companies are enmeshed in several legal battles.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
- Apple reportedly planning to dump Qualcomm in 2018
- Apple reportedly stops Drake from performing on Tidal, threatens $20 million suit (updated)
- Apple Music Search Feature Reportedly Stop Working on Many Users
- Samsung reportedly working on 14nm A9 chip for Apple
- Apple iPhone 8 suffers mishap, screen crack up due to swollen battery