Blackberry Begins August Patch Security Update Rollout To Android Phones
Blackberry seems to be keeping up to standard on its Android powered phones as it just announced the roll out of the August security patch for its Android devices.
The security patch will be available for smartphones mostly the Priv and the recently released KEYone which was for the most part of last year thought to be the Blackberry Mercury smartphone.
The security update was announced on Twitter by the company’s Security Incident Response Team, SIRT.
However, the security patch is only available for the mobile units purchased through the ShopBlackberry , the tech company’s online store.
This means that the security update will arrive later if you bought your device from a carrier or a retail shot.
However, several fans and users have complained that the security patch is yet to surface on some device including the DTEKs.
It is believed that the tech company is working hard on releasing an up to date and timely security patch for other smartphones in its line as it is yet to issue official word on the complaint.
— BlackBerry SIRT (@BBSIRT) August 14, 2017
You may also like
- Blackberry Begins August Patch Security Update Rollout To Android Phones
- HTC Begins Roll Out Of Android OS 8.0 Update
- Blackberry Priv opens shop for pre-orders in UK, US and Canadian markets
- BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition UK pre orders begin, cost £399
- BlackBerry announces BB Porsche Design P’9983 in Dubai