Blackberry talks about security measures on the BB Priv
All smartphone users know that the difference between one device manufacturer and the other is not only in the build, but transcends into even the software, especially if the device runs on different operating systems. While Apple’s trademark is bringing beauty and power to you at the same time, Android follows closely by giving you all the user-friendliness and ‘app-liness’, if you wish while Blackberry is known for their security measures. There’s hardly a smartphone which takes security too serious as Blackberry does.
This was then one of the bane of discussion when the CEO of Blackberry first announced that the company would be making an Android. It sounded not too familiar to the ears having an Android from Blackberry. It then brought up new questions too. How does blackberry hope to keep their device, the Blackberry Priv (Priv for Private) secure?
Well, they have answered this question themselves and turning to their official website, the measure that have been put in place are listed below.
- BlackBerry’s Hardware Root of Trust, a unique manufacturing process that injects cryptographic keys into the device hardware, providing a secure foundation for the entire platform.
- Verified Boot and Secure Bootchain, which uses the embedded keys to verify every layer of the device from hardware to OS to applications in order to make sure they haven’t been tampered with.
- A hardened Linux kernel with numerous patches and configuration changes to improve security.
- FIPS 140-2 compliant full disk encryption on by default to protect your privacy.
- The BlackBerry Infrastructure, a secure distributed global network that transmits petabytes of encrypted data to and from the world’s most powerful leaders and professionals.
- BES12, the leading Enterprise Mobility Management platform used by the world’s most powerful governments and corporations.
Also coming with a pre-installed DTEK which let’s you manage your own security and privacy, its like Blackberry has all its bases covered again.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
Samsung Galaxy S7 to sell cheap in a bid to drive sales – Reports
Blackberry Priv up for pre-orders in Hong Kong
Welcome “ShatterShield”, Motorola’s key to the future of unbreakable smartphone screens
Saygus V2: When will the wait be over, Saygus?
The Oppo R7s is official: specifications and everything you need to know