You can now buy Android One in the Philippines — Cherry Mobile One and MyPhone Uno
Google has kept its word of taking Android One to even more place. Before the launch of the first Android one devices in India, the United States software and search giant promised to get Android to the next 1 billion people, and that it is doing.
In the Philippines, Cherry Mobile One and MyPhone Uno were the latest Android One smartphones to go on sale. Both were launched under the country’s Cherry Mobile and MyPhone mobile networks respectively. Both phones were priced below 5,000 Philippines pesos (about $100).
Spec-wise, the sounding difference between these and other Android Ones was the version of operating system on board, Android 5.1. Otherwise the specs remain pretty much the same:
- 4.5 inches, 480 x 854 pixels touchscreen
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 CPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 4GB storage
- 32GB microSD card
- 5-megapixel main camera
- 2MP secondary camera
- 1,700mAh battery
“We are very happy to bring Android One smartphones to the Philippines,” said Caesar Sengupta, Google’s vice president for Product Management.
“Working with great partners like Cherry Mobile and MyPhone, we have designed and brought to market these high quality smartphones at highly affordable prices. We cannot wait to see what Filipinos do with them,” the senior Googler added.
Invest BTC and get 30%
Get free IDH TOKENS when you register now
You may also like
Lenovo releases Marshmallow update calendar for its smartphones
Huawei India launches the 5.5-inch G7 Plus with 13MP camera and fingerprint scanner
OnePlus X up for sale via Amazon in India
Intex Aqua Q7 with 3G support goes official sporting a 4.5″ FWVGA screen
Moto G Turbo unvieled in Mexico, to be available November 13
- Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- You can get the new Xperia X Compact at $50 off from Amazon
- Now You Can Save Your Favorite Songs From Apple Music to SD card
- A Quick Look to Apple’s Trade In Program Now you can Trade in your Broken iPhone
- Vaporcade Jupiter: a rugged $299 Android smartphone that you can smoke